Leios is a fast, reliable and user-friendly solution for
- Elaboration of 3D scans (Raw Point Cloud Data Processing).
- Editing of triangle meshes Data (3D Scans)
- Reverse Engineering.
- Quality Assurance (QA/QC).
With Leios Software, it’s possible to acquire datasets from any kind of 3D scanner, to easily and quickly transform the point cloud into a NURBS mathematical model (Reverse Engineering) while having complete control of each step and analyzing the results with powerful inspection tools.
Leios features powerful elaboration and editing tools to make transformation of the original point clouds to manifold mesh easier and to fit the obtained meshes with CAD mathematical models.
Leios exports the datasets in many formats, both polygonal and CAD, suitable for several fields like:
- Industrial Design,
- Medical and Dental Industry,
- Animation for movie and game industries
- Prosthetics and aesthetics
Digital Scan 3D will provide customers with an easy, user-friendly, but reliable and powerful solution for 3D scanning elaborations, reverse engineering, and 3D modeling.
To learn more or if you would like a Free Trial, please give us a call or Contact Us
Data Processing Strategies
Point cloud and mesh editing are the core activities for successful reverse operations.
- Import or direct acquisition from scanner, registration, alignment and merging
- Standard transformation and editing functions
- Filters to remove noise and redundancy, cleaning and optimization
- Smoothing of the whole cloud or of a selection
The point cloud is transformed in a triangular mesh, more functions are available to enhance the quality of the surface.
- Mesh cleaning and optimization, normals orientation, smoothing of the whole mesh or of a selection
- Decimation and flat or curvature-based hole filling
- Mesh export on the standard formats for further applications
Several strategies can be used inside Leios 2009 to rebuild the CAD model starting from the scanned dataset, the user can choose the more useful strategy for his needs and his field of work, such as: designing, freeform models, cultural heritage, and so on… Strategies can be combined to achieve the desired result.
Reverse modeling, from point cloud to CAD model.
This procedure is needed to dissect the mesh in several regions divided by edges or fillet areas.
- Edge analysis: sharp edges dividing the mesh regions are automatically detected
- Functions for edge editing and elaboration, fillet radiuses are automatically detected
Automatic or semi-automatic reconstruction of the NURBS model.
- Model dissection in several regions and identification of the analytical surfaces (planes, cylinders, spheres)
- Creation and fitting of primitive curves, curves fitting on point cloud
- Fitting of the model regions to extended regions
With Leios’ hybrid modeler it’s possible to create high-quality CAD models with a correct topology.
- Creation and editing of splines and analytic curves, trimming, joining, extension, bridging, splitting, projection, offset
- Elaboration and editing of NURBS surfaces, trimming, splitting, stitching, matching with G1 continuity, smoothing
- Creation of NURBS surfaces, by points, between four curves, by sections, swept, revolved, covered, blended, union
- Creation of solids, extrusions, cylinders, spheres, revolve, drive, by sections, edge blend, thickness, booleans
Analysis of the fillet radius on the sharp edges
Point cloud – Surfaces deviation analysis
Automatic or semi-automatic model reconstruction with patch surfaces
Automatic reconstruction (auto-surfacing)
- Manual or semi-automatic reconstruction of the path network
- Patch construction with G1 continuity